Thursday, June 24, 2010

Istanbul is AMAZING

My lack of posts indicates that Istanbul has kept me very busy! My favorite things so far have been Hagia Sophia, the Grand and Spice Bazaars, and Chora Church.  I got to meet up with old friends and even meet some new ones...and of course the World Cup has loomed large over it all (our boys are quite obsessed with that)...but today I had the most intense Turkish experience of all I would say--I went to a Turkish bath! I won't share the dirty (or clean?) details here, but I'll tell anyone who wants to hear about it when I return!  Tonight is our last supper so to speak and I'm having a hard time deciding if I want kofte, kuzu, or tavuk sis...choices choices! Especially because Turkish cuisine is so good! But one thing is for sure, I know we'll be having Baklava! (I'll leave the Turkish delight tho...yuck!)  I can't believe it is almost time to go home...but all good things must come to an end...and I'm excited to tell everyone about my adventures!

See some photos of me in Istanbul below:

The first is of me in Hagia Sophia...the second is of me and Andrew Jelinek in front of the Blue Mosque!

No comments:

Post a Comment